Finch and Softbill Census — 2020
The National Finch and Softbill Society’s Annual Census was started in 1984. Its purpose is to collect information about the numbers of each species kept in captivity and of those the numbers being bred. The detailed results of the Census will be available online.
The census is open to both NFSS members and non-members. Participants remain anonymous no names or ID are included in the census data published only counts. We pay to use a secure website which also stores your responses temporarily. Be assured NFSS does not share any personal information, we extract the bird data and publish once verified and tallied up here: http://nfss.org/fss/finch-and-softbill-save-program/census-results/ .
Please take a few moments to contribute your last years history on your breeding, birds you have and their offspring in the NFSS Annual Census. Help provide a complete picture of progress in Aviculture.
INSTRUCTIONS – PLEASE READ FIRST
- Any field you have no answer, leave that field blank. You have 3 categories to work in (Finch/Softbill/Dove and Quail)
- See the “?” symbol on the Census form? Move your courser over it, this is information bubbles to help you along the way
- In the drop down field “BIRDS” list all your mutations under their normal specie name, provide the counts in the provided tables
- As you move down the form continue to select your birds and provide their counts
- Any specie not listed in the drop down fields can be listed in the last section labeled “Other Finch not Specified”
- If you need more time to complete you can save and create an account and revisit to continue anytime before the Census closes
- We only keep the Census open for the announced time
- You will receive a report back to your email that lists what you provided
- If you don’t set-up an account, you may create a new census to continue. We will combine all your entries under region and specie as listed here: http://nfss.org/fss/finch-and-softbill-save-program/census-results/
Graphs will be extracted and mentioned in the journal only. Your NFSS member number is optional, for Finch Save Director only to contact should they have a question or error occurred.
Anything glitch found please report to email@example.com to resolve.
Thank you for your participation!